Common Laser Treatment Procedures
There are two main types of procedures that involve laser dentistry – hard tissue (refers to the teeth) and soft tissue (refers to the gums).
Soft Tissue Procedures:
- Removing Soft Tissue Folds – In this procedure, the lasers are used to remove soft tissue folds that are caused by dentures that don’t fit properly.
- Treating a “gummy smile” – This is when the gum covers most of the tooth. The lasers are used to help reshape the gum so that the gum-to-tooth ratio is more even, thus giving you a beautiful smile.
- Crown Lengthening – This helps reshape soft tissue and the bone, so the structure of the tooth is stronger.
Hard Tissue Procedures:
- Tooth Sensitivity – This procedure seals the tubules that are on the tooth’s root, reducing sensitivity to hot and cold foods, drinks, etc.
- Dental Fillings – Lasers can kill bacteria in a cavity, helping to improve the health of the tooth in the long run.
- Cavity Detection – Lasers help with the early detection of cavities and tooth decay.
These are the most common laser dentistry procedures. Other procedures include viewing tissue, removing benign tumors, treating obstructive sleep apnea, TMJ, nerve regeneration, treatment of cold sores, and teeth whitening.
At Duren & Marsh Dentistry, we offer state-of-the-art laser dentistry to ensure your utmost comfort. Contact us today to learn more about our laser dentistry services.