As Gaston County natives, Dr. Jerry Duran and Dr. David Marsh are committed to providing quality dental care to the Belmont community. From preventative dental care to affordable aligners and dental implants, our goal is to provide your entire family with convenience, comfort, and confidence.
Contact us today to schedule your dental implant consultation!
What are Dental Implants?
A lost tooth isn’t simply an aesthetic issue. Difficulty speaking and eating are also common challenges when losing a tooth. Dental implants provide a long-term tooth replacement solution that benefits the entire mouth. First, a titanium implant is placed where the tooth was removed. This provides an anchor for the new tooth and also keeps remaining teeth from shifting. It will also help prevent the jawbone from deteriorating over time. The dentist will then attach a customized crown to the anchor, which will look and feel like a real tooth.
There are other options when it comes to tooth replacement, including dentures and bridges, but dental implants come with many benefits. First, dental implants can last a lifetime with proper dental care, unlike bridges and dentures, which may last up to ten years before needing to be replaced. Because they are anchored into the jawbone, your implants will not move as you bite, chew, or talk either. There’s no need to remove your implants or apply adhesives. Simply treat them like your natural teeth!
Why Choose Duren and Marsh for Your Dental Implants?
At Duren and Marsh, our primary concern is serving the Belmont community and surrounding areas. We offer:
- A high standard of care for over 30 years
- Early morning appointments for caregivers
- The latest technology and modern upgrades
- Extensive experience and training with dental implants
- New patient specials, including $99 dental implant consultations
FAQ about Dental Implants
- What are Dental Implants?
- A dental implant is a small titanium fixture that is inserted into your jawbone to replace the roots of missing teeth. On top of the dental implant, the dentist can then connect a bridge, crown/cap, or a full or partial denture.
- How do I know if I’m a candidate for a dental implant?
- If you are missing one or more of your teeth, you are most likely a candidate for a dental implant. You will need a full oral exam, including x-rays, to make sure that you are free of periodontal disease and have healthy gums.
- Are dental implants expensive and does insurance cover the procedure?
- In general, insurance does not cover the procedure for dental implants. This however depends on the type of dental insurance you have. The cost of dental implants can vary from patient to patient. Here are some things that are taken into account when determining the cost of the dental implant procedure:
- What are the benefits of getting dental implants?
- We are only given 2 sets of teeth; baby teeth and permanent adult teeth. Once the permanent teeth are lost, the only way to fix the issue is to get a 3rd set of teeth via dental implants. Dental implants improve your smile and will bring back the joys of eating the foods you love. Plus, they are made from titanium, so they will last a lifetime.
- Are dental implants removable?
- They are NOT removable like dentures. Dental implants are fixed in the bone of your jaw. This allows teeth to be replaced closest to the same process as a natural tooth.
Schedule your teeth cleaning today
Don’t deal with the pain and discomfort from missing teeth any longer. Contact Duren and Marsh today to schedule your dental implant consultation, and learn if dental implants may be the right solution for you.